Thursday 14 October 2010

La Famiglia

La Famiglia in Chelsea is magnificent. Even that’s understating how great this restaurant is. There is pretty much nothing on the menu that doesn’t bring you closer to nirvana.

Tucked away on Langton Street, this adorable restaurant is a direct gateway to Tuscany. The classic blue and white interior adds to the homely ambiance this family run restaurant seeks to provide. La Famiglia serves wholesome and unapologetic food made with simple and fresh ingredients that guarantees satisfaction. Their seasonal menu boasts delicacies like Risotto con le Fragole (Strawberry risotto), Fiori di Zucca (deep fried marrow flowers), Quagile alla Medicea (quail stuffed with quail egg wrapped with pancetta), Danio al Vinsanto (filet of venison sautéed in vin santo sauce) and the list goes on till a point involuntary salivation.






Prior warning about the generous portion sizes made me skip ordering a starter (and I knew I had to have dessert- yes I insist, I had to). Besides the olive tapenade served with warmed, freshly baked bread hit the spot. So for my main course I sunk my teeth in to Pappardelle al Cinghiale or freshly made, hand-cut egg pasta with a wild boar sauce. Honestly, if you haven’t yet tried boar, put on your hunting gear, get the hounds ready and get your hands on this meat, or go to your nearest butcher …whichever is easier. But seriously, this gamey meat takes what should be normal pasta sauce and turns it into the best pasta sauce you’ve ever had. Delizioso!





Right, so moving on to the crowning glory- the tiramisu. Best tiramisu in London. I wait to be proven wrong. This creamy, coffee-seduced piece of divinity stands as a good enough reason to come visit this restaurant. My friend's almond tart was heavenly as well! You won’t leave disappointed.

http://www.lafamiglia.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment